Senior Land Agent
About the Firm
Brown&Co was formed in 1993 following a management buyout from Royal Life Estates. Since then the firm has grown substantially and today we are a leading provider of agency, professional and consultancy services across the whole range of rural, commercial and residential property, agriculture and the environment.
From an increasing network of offices throughout East Anglia, the Midlands and the Yorkshire and Humber region, as well as overseas, we combine a high level of specialist technical expertise with experience and local knowledge.
The firm has a real commitment to build strong, proactive, and long-term relationships with both corporate and private clients, for whom we always strive to deliver the best results and total satisfaction.
Our well-trained and enthusiastic staff are encouraged by the partners to play an active part in the firm's future development and success.
Overview of Role
We are seeking a full-time (MRICS qualified) Senior Land Agent who has a sound knowledge of property and estate management, agricultural tenancies, valuations, and rural property matters, to develop and grow our rural team in our Leicester office.
The successful candidate will need to be able to work with a wide range of largely private clients on a variety of rural work. The work will principally include, but not limited to, the sale and letting of rural property, undertaking rural property valuations, estate management, as well as compensation and compulsory purchase work for landowners and acquiring authorities.
- Working with a wide range of mostly private clients on a variety of rural work
- Selling and letting of rural properties
- Undertaking rural property valuations
- Estate management
- Compensation and compulsory purchase work for landowners and acquiring authorities
- MRICS or AssocRICS status and ideally FAAV
- 3 years Post-Qualified Experience (PQE)
- RICS Registered Valuer - desired, but not essential
- A high quality of service and interpersonal skills - must be capable of building and maintaining good relationships with team members, other colleagues and clients
- Proficient IT and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 after 3 years of service.
- Life Assurance of 4x your basic salary
- Private Medical Cover
- Travel Insurance
- Recommend-A-Friend Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Long Service Awards