Old Club Cottage, like many of the properties in Postwick, was formerly in the ownership of Lord Rosebery going back some 200 years and is believed to date from the 1830's. In her "Story of a Norfolk Village", Anne Carter describes how one room at Old Club Cottage was set aside by Lord Rosebery (who was later the Prime Minister) as a men's club room in the late 19th Century, when daily newspapers and journals were provided for the village people. The property comprises a detached cottage tucked away below the church in Postwick and represents an excellent opportunity for a number of different types of buyer looking to acquire a first class opportunity in this part of East Norfolk.
The property is constructed of brick with a pitched main roof and offers well arranged accommodation on two floors including entrance hall, bathroom, dining room, kitchen, sitting room and side lobby on the ground floor, together with landing and three bedrooms on the first floor. The original Gothic style doorway is preserved in the lobby.
The grounds are more than adequate for a property of this size and type, extending to the front side and rear, with drive leading up to an attached garage at the side.
The property requires updating and there is great potential and scope to extend at the side, subject to the necessary planning consent being forthcoming.
Old Club Cottage occupies a corner plot between Church Road and Leader Hill down below the church in Postwick and has some privacy, with easy access to the city of Norwich and close to the main communication routes serving the city, including the A47 trunk road and Norwich southern bypass. Access to Norfolk Broadland is good and this is an excellent opportunity to live tucked away in a popular village within easy reach of the Norwich.