Water & irrigation
Brown&Co assists farmers and landowners with investment planning for irrigation projects.
Our agribusiness consultants provide an all-encompassing service. For example, this can cover defending current abstraction licences and securing new licences, as well as exploring the viability of investing in numerous capital projects involving storage and application infrastructure - from winter storage reservoirs to distribution mains and application equipment.
Furthermore, appraisals of investment in capital projects are often undertaken alongside investigating the availability of grant funding for such projects.
We are able to assist with:
- Assessment of medium and long term water security
- Securing additional licenced quantity of water where available
- Assessing return on capital of a planned water project
- Sourcing grant funding if applicable
- Liaising with the Environment Agency
- Assisting with planning applications
- Managing the process of obtaining competitive quotations
Brown&Co has a wealth of experience enhancing water security for our clients and appraising water projects to open up virgin land for irrigation.
- An extensive track record in enhancing water security and managing infrastructure projects
- Clear unbiased opinion on the suitability of schemes to help you avoid pitfalls
- Professionals with a high technical understanding of the water licencing system, irrigation infrastructure and technology, and the returns available from specialist cropping
- Strong ties and regular contact with the Environment Agency
- Experience with both large and small projects
- Proven processes and systems
- Value for money via a flexible fee structure based on the advice required
Our agribusiness consultants have significant experience in planning, appraising and developing water projects. We can provide you with a single point of contact with other independent professional advisors who are well placed to discuss a range of potential projects.